ABOUT THE STAR HOTEL BRIGHT
The first hotel on this site was built by George Creighton in 1857 and named the “George” Hotel. It was sold to Edwin Auger in 1859 and renamed the Lone Star Hotel. The original slab and rough timber building burnt down in 1865 and a more substantial building erected. The business was renamed the Star Hotel in 1892 when it was owned by Charlotte Abraham.
From the 1960’s to early 2000’s the Star Hotel had accommodation, a bottle shop and the still standing hotel. After the sale and demolition of the land that housed the accommodation and years of planning, in 2010, Woolworths built a 2,500 square metre super store next door.
In its most recent history, the Star Hotel has been taken over by a young couple originally from Melbourne, Steve and Sally Broderick. The couple are looking forward to the adventure of owning a hotel in beautiful Bright and becoming part of this great community.